Why I Will Remember 2011

I will never forget 2011.

I stopped alcohol, and started working on myself.

Rediscovered that underneath all those years of blushing drunkeness, I am still a worthwhile, lovable human being who responds to encouragement and honesty.

Re-gifted myself time and the ability to calmly accept patience and humility as great personal learning forces.

Learned just to sit quietly and watch the chickens and my adorable daughters and simply let life happen by.

Accepted the power of forgiveness and accepted how powerful just surrendering to forgive others can be such a weight off my shoulders.

Revealed my innermost thoughts to a silent, intelligent audience online who share and support me even when I write things that might not be exactly on topic.  The blogging friends are always there, just out of sight, quietly reading. 

It is such a source of peace and satisfaction and strength to just know that as my thoughts drip from my fingertips - someone is reading and has been there too.

So thanks for being a huge part of my recovery in 2011 - it is such a powerful tool to have your support and encouragement.  I simply could not have done it without you.

Thank you, for your comments, your time and your just being there, I swear I could feel it and it was such a warm sensation to have you share in my recovery and let's look forward to a sober, calm, and honest 2012.

16 comments:

  1. I am grateful to have met you. Not sure if you are aware, but years ago there was a blogger from Australia who was causing tons of problems for recovery bloggers with hateful spam and comments. We tried to get him shut down and he would always pop back up. It got to the point that whenever I would see Australia show up in my stat counter, I would cringe.

    My point is that I now love seeing Australia pop up. I know that its probably you and I love the fact that you are checking in from your little corner of the world. We shall all stay on this road together, yes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best Wishes for 2012. Thanks for making wisdom a two way street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful post. I am so glad I found you and your blog and I am grateful that this year has been filled with so many good things for you. Looking forward to sharing 2012 and seeing what the journey holds for all of us here in our bloggerland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a fantastic 2012 Bwendo. Thanks for being so giving and lovely and strong and cool. Thanks also for sharing in your last post. That deep emotional shit within families is so hard to deal with. Well done for doing it so boldly and clearly. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year and wishing you the best for 2012! Your blog is always an amazing read and a fun part of my recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy new year to you! I hope that I in a years time can be some what near to the place of sobriety where you are.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh.. best to you sweet soul, warrior for true joy. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will print off your post to remind me where I want to be at the end of this year. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome year, and as a friend said to me on my one year AA sober anniversary, "May the next year be even better"! Happy sober 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A good start for a New Year. I congratulate you cordially, on the verge of a new year you have taken up an initiative to live life into the light.

    Congratulations again. I wish you good health & peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to share the New Year with you in the blogosphere. Thank you for being here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 7 months alcohol free, new job and looking forward to 2012. Sadly my old friend was not so lucky and died last night. All the more reason.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just came over from Kristin's site. Good to have found your blog. Congratulations on what you accomplished in 2011 one day at a time. Wishing you the best in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks everyone for taking the time - Let's have a great 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have come a long way in 7 short months. Well done you.

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here