Welcome to Alcoholism

"Be like a rocky promontory against which the restless surf continually pounds; it stands fast while the churning sea is lulled to sleep at its feet.
I hear you say, "How unlucky that this should happen to me!"
Not at all!
Say instead,
"How lucky that I am not broken by what has happened and am not afraid of what is about to happen.
Marcus Aurelius - Meditations, IV

So it's for life - right?  Like Forever

As I was coming to terms with my realization that I was alcoholic and that it wasn't going away - it was a lifelong thing - I suddenly felt the weight and enormousness of it all. 

Alcoholic?  Really?  Me?  Really????

For fuck's sake - can it be something else? - like , um gluten intolerance or something? 
Fucking hell, I was just beginning to get used to the ups and downs of alcohol and now you say I have to quit? 

Ready for more?  You can read the rest of this post - and all my latest blogposts at BrenMurphy.net - I've moved the blog over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my email list here